Know the preventive measures.
Before getting deep into our main topic today, answer certain questions first. Do you frequently feel intense tightness in your chest region, especially at night? Do you find it difficult to breathe in with ease? Do you suffer from breathlessness or feel suffocated most of the time?
We care for you, and so this is a message that if you are going through any of these mentioned conditions, you should seek some medical help. It is high time you consulted with a specialist because you might be suffering from dyspnea. It is a medical condition that causes difficulty in breathing or creates air hunger.
Factors responsible for the cause of Dyspnea:
Let us dive deeper into the causes of Dyspnea.
There are a lot of causes for this type of condition in an individual. Some of them are as follows-
- Anxiety disorders: People who suffer from different anxiety conditions might fall prey to dyspnea. Anxiety is a condition that arises out of stress over a long period. A person suffering from trauma might cause anxiety disorders in an individual.
- Asthma: Asthma is a medical condition where your airways become narrow and it causes great difficulty in breathing.
- Heart attacks: A heart attack is also called a myocardial infarction. It occurs when a part of the heart muscle does not get enough blood. Heart attacks feel like an uncomfortable pressure on the upper body part. You must immediately consult a chest doctor when u feel these sympotoms before its too late.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is one of the causes of dyspnea. The progesterone hormone increases in the first few weeks of pregnancy which leads to heavy breathing. And this makes a woman feel and get shortness of breath.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is life-threatening if it is ignored. It is a medical condition where there occurs inflammation in the lung due to certain bacterial or viral infections. Here, the air sacs get filled with pus and later become solid.
- Obesity: It is one of the most important topics of today to be paid attention to. Obesity is highly responsible for dyspnea. Obesity refers to the condition where an individual suffers from an excess amount of body fat.
What to do when you are suffering from shortness of breath?
There are certain home treatments for dyspnea. Some of them are as follows-
- Pursed lip breathing: It helps take out the trapped air from your lungs.
- Sitting forward: This posture helps create more space in the chest cavity for the lungs.
- Sitting forward supported by a table, Standing with a supported back or standing with supporting arms, sleeping in a relaxed position, etc works best to eradicate dyspnea.
In addition to these, there are several rules that one should follow to get rid of dyspnea. An individual should change their lifestyle such as-
Quitting smoking: Smoking is one of the greatest factors of dyspnea. Do you know when you burn tobacco; it releases a wide array of chemicals. These are tars, nicotine, carbon monoxide, etc. These chemicals are very harmful to one’s health. They turn normal cells into cancer cells. A person who smokes suffers different types of respiratory issues. Some of the conditions due to smoking are short-termed. But, some progress with time unknowingly most of the time.
Due to the enlargement of the cells that produce mucus in the lungs, the number of mucus increases. When the lungs cannot clean the excess amount, the mucus thus produced stay there and clogs the airways.
Drinking alcohol: When person intakes an excess amount of alcohol, it affects the normal functioning of the human body. It affects the normal routine of the body. Alcohol impacts body parts and damages them. It also harms the lungs in all possible ways. Abusing alcohol for a longer period changes the airways, which in turn disturbs the breathe-in and breathe-out process. It results in a decrease in saliva reduction and as a result, there is an increase of bacteria in the mouth. All these add up to creating lung inflammation or a lung infection.
A balanced diet: Balanced diet helps a lot in getting rid of dyspnea. It is because a balanced diet provides you with food items rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins, good fats or carbohydrate, and other different types of nutrients that your body require to function normally or be in a healthy state. A balanced diet contains materials that help to reduce the amount of infection or other diseases you are suffering from. Turmeric, tomato, green vegetables, fruits, peppers, curd, etc are extremely beneficial for a healthy body.
Proper weight: It is always better to keep a check on your weight after every particular period. Why? It is because obesity causes the expiratory reserve volume and functional residual capacity to get reduced. Controlling weight not only helps a person to be free from the risk of dyspnea but also from many other disorders and diseases.
Seeking the help of a doctor for any underlying medical conditions: Sometimes it might happen that you are suffering from some kind of disorder or a disease that is bothering you for a long time but you have not taken any help waiting for the disorder to go away naturally. But this is not recommended at all. You should always seek medical help if you see that something is bothering your body or your mind.
Some of the well know diagnostic center which comes up to my mind is the diagnostic center in Guwahati they are a well know healthcare service provider for treatments and have one of the best kidney specialist doctor, endocrinologist, & neurologist doctors at your service.
Dyspnea is also life-threatening sometimes.Therefore it is recommended not to avoid such conditions and seek immediate medical help. Because your life matters!